2014年5月7日 星期三

O the bitter shame and sorrow

我痛悔已往太悖逆 O the bitter shame and sorrow by Theodore Monod (1836-1921) 1. O the bitter shame and sorrow, That a time could ever be, When I let the Savior’s pity Plead in vain, and proudly answered, "All of self, and none of Thee!" 我痛悔已往太悖逆,抵擋主,高抬自己; 我內心尚對主懷疑,拒絕主恩愛情誼; 還驕傲地對主說:”專愛己,卻不愛祢!”(2x) 2. Yet He found me; I beheld Him Bleeding on th’accursèd tree, Heard Him pray, "Forgive them, Father!" And my wistful heart said faintly, "Some of self, and some of Thee!" 主慈愛實在太希奇,始終不將我丟棄; 當我見主流血身體,聽祂為敵人懇祈, 於是我就對主說:”雖愛己,卻也愛祢!”(2x) 3. Day by day His tender mercy, Healing, helping, full and free, Sweet and strong, and ah! so patient, Brought me lower, while I whispered, ";Less of self, and more of Thee!" 主愛甜蜜,卻有能力,扶持提攜日不息; 耐心將我愚昧啓迪,使我肯謙卑降低, 我便只得對主說:”少愛己,更多愛祢!”(2x) 4. Higher than the highest heavens, Deeper than the deepest sea, Lord, Thy love at last hath conquered: Grant me now my supplication, "None of self, and all of Thee!" 主恩慈廣大無可比,熔化我剛硬心意, 使我身、靈完全皈依,終於向主全屈膝; 我乃虔誠對主説:”不愛己,專一愛祢!”(2x) ------------------------------------

沒有留言: